Object (property type)
|THE MAIN ITEMS|
|---- Location Group|
If the "Location of the character" property of a character is set to "On Object", then the "On which object?" property becomes available, which is an object property.
Before using the value of the object property, we first need to check that the property is selected.
To test if the "On which object?" property is selected, we can check that its parent property "Location of the character" is currently set to "On Object":
Testing the property
In the following example we are testing if the player is currently sitting on the chair object.
Creating a new object property
Create a new property by clicking the "Add new property" button at the bottom of the Properties tab of a Character, Location, or Object. You can also right-click the open "Properties" folder and select "Add Property", or right-click any other open folder and select "Add new/Property".
- Give the new property a description.
- Ensure that "property of" is correctly set (Characters, Objects or Locations)
- Set the property "Type" to "Object".
- Tick the "Mandatory" box if you want this property to always be selected.
- If you want the drop-down list to only show locations with a certain property, then set the "Restrict by property" and "Restrict by value" fields.
- If you only want this property to appear on the property tab if the item has a particular characteristic, then select the name of a particular property and the value it must have before this property is shown.
|<<< Location property type||Properties||Selection-only property type >>>|