At the top-left of the screen is a large round button. If you click this it will open the main menu.
To the right of this menu will be a list of recently opened games that you can click on to open
- Module - Write the entire game (including libraries and map) to an .AMF file in XML format. Note that if you right-click on a folder and use the "Export Folder" option, then this command will change so that it only exports that folder until you next exit and restart the ADRIFT Developer.
- iFiction Record - Write the bibligraphic information from this game to a standard iFiction file
- Windows Executable - Package the ADRIFT runner, game and media files into a single file that can be run on any windows system
- Blorb - Combine the game .TAF file with all required media files into a single file that can be played using the ADRIFT runner.
- Language Resource - Writes all of the Text Overrides to an ARIFT Language Resource (.alr) file, in the same format as that used in ADRIFT 4
- Module - Read the entire contents of a .AMF file into the current game
- Blorb - Extract the .TAF file, bibliographic information and all sounds and pictures from a .BLORB file and writes them as separate files to a folder you select.
- Trizbort - Imports a map that was designed using the Trizbort map creator
- Language Resource - Creates Text Overrides from an ADRIFT 4 Language Resource file
Quick Access Toolbar
To the right of the main menu button you will see a small disk (save) and triangle (run) icon.
This is the quick-access toolbar. It lets you quickly save and run a game without having to open the main menu or select the view tab on the ribbon.
Below this is the main control ribbon, which has 3 tabs containing buttons.
The HOME tab of the ribbon looks like this in simple mode:
and like this when simple mode has been turned off:
It contains buttons to quickly create any of the 12 ADRIFT items and add them to their default folder.
The Options button lets you setup the player perspective for the game, the default font, and write a bibliography that is stored in the game file.
There is also a duplicate (but much larger) RUN button so you can quickly test your alterations (It will ask if you want to save the changes - normally you would select YES)
The VIEW tab lets you rearrange the layout of your open folders, and also has buttons to quickly hide or show the folders window and the map.
- The MAP tab is only available if the map itself is currently visible. It looks like this:
- ADD PAGE - Adds a new page to the map so you can create a separate section of the game world.
- ADD LOCATION - Creates a new location, but you can also just double-click the map to do this.
- PLAN VIEW - If you use the left-button drag to tilt the map in 3D, you will need to click this to get it back to normal.
- CENTRALISE MAP - Centers all of your locations on the map, but does not adjust the zoom.
- ZOOM IN - If you dont have a wheel-mouse then use this to zoom into the map.
- ZOOM OUT - Lets you see more of the locations at once. For those without a wheel-mouse.
- SHOW GRID LINES - A regular grid to help you align your locations neatly.
- SHOW AXES - 3D axis that lets you see how much you have rotated or tilted the map.
- PRINT - Print the map.
|<<< Simple mode||Main Page||Folders >>>|