The MaxBulk function returns the maximum total size of all of the objects that the player can carry, as an integer.
The "Maximum size of held items" property of the character must be selected to be able to use this function.
You can check this using the character restriction:
[character] [must] [have property] [Maximum size of held items]
The "Maximum size of held items" property of the character has both a number entry field and a drop-down list containing the five size ranges defined in the Object size value-list property. The number returned by this function will be the number in the entry field multiplied by the value corresponding to the size selected in the drop-down list. If [Small] is entered, then this indicates that the player is able to carry 12 small objects, or the equivalent volume in objects of other sizes.
The "Maximum size of held items" property is defined to be of type "Integer - Object Size".
The "Object size" object property defines the values corresponding to each of the object sizes.
- ADRIFT does not specify the units used for these bulk values, they are completely arbitrary values.
- If you wanted to print these values with units you could use cubic centimetres, litres, or even cubic inches if your game is set in the past.
- You can change the values in the "Object size" value list if you need a greater or smaller range of object sizes.
- The default is for each size to have three times the volume of the next smallest.
How to use
This function simply returns the value of the maximum bulk the character can carry as a single integer value that can be inserted into text, or used as part of an expression in a restriction or action. No further functions can be appended to this function.
- The maximum bulk that the specific character with the key "Character7" can carry.
- The maximum bulk that the character being controled by the player can carry.
- The maximum bulk that the referenced character in a task with a %character% reference can carry.
|<<< CharHereDesc||Character Functions||MaxWeight >>>|