The map in v5 has been improved significantly over the v4 map. Rather than attempt to calculate the layout each time the player moves, sometimes providing a different layout each time, the v5 map is predefined within Developer. This allows a much greater amount of flexibility of the layout.
For a video demonstration of the ADRIFT map, click here.
Within Developer, locations can be dragged around to give whatever layout is desired.
The map controls within Developer are as follows:
When the mouse is not over anything:
- Right-click and drag will move the entire map around
- Left-click and drag will rotate the map
- Left-click and release will de-select any selected nodes
- Shift + Left-click and drag will lasso select nodes
- Double-click will add a new node. The new node automatically starts in edit mode, so typing at this point will change the location name.
When the mouse is over a node/location:
- Left-click and release will select and activate the node
- Left-click and drag will move the node (or nodes) around on it’s current Z axis
- Right-click and release will select and activate the node, and display the node menu
- Ctrl + Left-click will toggle the selection of the node
- Double-click will edit the location
When the mouse is over an anchor:
- Left-click and drag will move the anchor.
- If the anchor belongs to a node, it will resize the node
- If the anchor is a mid-point of a link, it will re-shape the link
- Double-click will create a new link, or edit a current link
- Clicking on another anchor will complete the link
- Pressing Escape will cancel the link
- Right-click and release will select and activate the link, and display the link menu
- Ctrl-U will move any selected nodes up
- Ctrl-D will move any selected nodes down
You can completely rebuild the map from the location exits by selecting the map and pressing Ctrl-Shift-R. Only do this if the map has become corrupt or you wish to start over again, as the operation is irreversible other than by restoring the adventure.
If you create a new location in your adventure, and do not link it to any other locations, ADRIFT will create a new page on the map, and create the location on this page. You can move locations from one page to another by right-clicking on them, and selecting Move to page. You can also rename each page by right-clicking on the tab and selecting Rename Page.
For step-by-step instructions for adding locations to the map, see Connecting locations using the Map.
|<<< Syntax Highlighting||Main Page||Keyboard Shortcuts >>>|